From mid-July, we are delighted to be able to offer tours of the Cathedral
Discover the extraordinary history of the building and the people who visited this place of worship. Southwark Cathedral has had a long and distinguished history with over 900 years of Christian witness and mission. The church has seen the events of history unfold around it, witnessing the lives of Bishops, Royalty and the Royal households, Shakespeare's contemporaries, the changing parishioners of the London Bridge area and the occasional cat or two.
Discover why Southwark Cathedral is strongly associated with Winchester. Learn about a Royal wedding. Uncover the name of the famous London hospital that was founded by the church. Discover which writer visited to ring the bells.
Your tour with a Cathedral guide will uncover this rich and colourful history in a both informative and entertaining manner. To book a one hour tour for yourself, visit our Eventbrite page here
The following dates are available:
- Saturday 24 July: 10-11am
- Tuesday 27 July: 10:30-11:30am
- Wednesday 28 July: 10:30-11:30am
- Tuesday 3 August: 10:30-11:30am
- Thursday 5 August: 10:30-11:30am
- Saturday 7 August: 10-11am
- Tuesday 10 August: 10:30-11:30am
- Wednesday 11 August: 1:30-2:30pm
- Friday 13 August: 1:30-2:30pm
- Saturday 14 August: 10-11am
- Tuesday 17 August: 10:30-11:30am
- Wednesday 18 August: 10:30-11:30am
- Saturday 21 August: 10-11am
- Tuesday 24 August: 10:30-11:30am
- Wednesday 25 August: 10:30-11:30am
- Saturday 28 August: 10-11am
- Monday 20 August: 10:30-11:30am
- Tuesday 31 August: 10:30-11:30am
If you are part of a group and would like to book a tour of the Cathedral or local area please visit our website here for further information.