Queen Elizabeth Room and Courtyard
FREE event on Saturday 30 October from 11.00am - 4.00pm
Join us at Southwark Cathedral for some muddy foreshore fun and your last chance to see the Larking: The Thames and Beyond exhibition.
- Meet Thames foreshore archaeologist Mike Webber and a selection of his foreshore finds
- Have your own finds identified by the Portable Antiquities Scheme
- Speak to the Port of London Authority about getting a permit to start mudlarking yourself
- Get hands on at the foreshore finds handling table
- Make your own medieval clay man with ceramic artist Raewyn Harrison
- Meet staff and volunteers from the Thames Discovery Project to find out more about the archaeology of the River Thames.
- Best-selling author and mudlark Lara Maiklem will be signing copies of her books Mudlarking and A Field Guide to Larking
- Sing sea-shanties with the London Sea Shanty Collective
- The Cathedral catering partner and award-winning bakery Bread Ahead of Borough Market have even devised some wickedly delicious special edition, mudlarking themed cakes and doughnuts.
We are delighted that this event is part of London Rivers Week 2021.
This event is FREE to attend and there is no need to book in advance.