£25 (plus booking fee)
- Book Tickets
With the Coronation of King Charles III taking place in May 2023, Southwark Cathedral is devoting a whole day to Britain’s greatest and most influential monarchs.
From King Edward III to Queen Elizabeth II, some of the country’s leading historians will give the audience a quick-fire introduction (15 minutes) to their chosen monarch in the hope of securing their vote.
Once all the historians have presented, there will be an audience vote and the opportunity for those who attend to ask questions before hearing more about Britain’s greatest monarch.
This event takes place in the Nave and tickets allow entry for the whole day.
Doors open at 9.30am.
Lunch or refreshments will not be provided but ticket holders will receive 10% off in the Cathedral Cafe and Shop.
The monarchs chosen by our panel of historians consist of the following so far...
- King Henry V - presented by Dr Michael Jones
- King Henry VII presented by Nathen Amin
- King Henry VIII presented by Alison Weir
- Queen Elizabeth I presented by Sarah Gristwood
- Queen Victoria - TBC
- Queen Elizabeth II presented by The Very Reverend Andrew Nunn, Dean of Southwark
- King Edward III presented by Ian Mortimer
- Queen Anne - presented by Siobhan Clarke
- King John - presented by Julian Humphrys