Come and marvel at Luke Jerram's Gaia, day or night
Gaia will be open for visitors during the day and on selected evenings. As we anticipate a high demand to see the exhibit we are operating an entry only by ticket system. Entry during the day is free (10am - 4.30pm) but tickets must be booked in advance.
The Cathedral will be open for our pattern of worship only on Sundays and visiting Gaia will not be permitted
Additional charges will apply for evening admission and special events.
Please book your daytime visit to Gaia here (coming September 2022)
On selected evenings from we will be opening Southwark Cathedral later (6.30pm - 9.00pm with last admission at 8.30pm) giving visitors the opportunity to see Gaia spectacularly lit at night. Entry charges will apply when visiting during the evening and tickets must be booked in advance.
Please book your evening visit to Gaia here (coming August 2022).
Our exciting programme of associated events will have something for everyone, From concerts to film screenings we will be focusing on learning and the enviroment. We hope you’ll join us in this celebration of the Earth, our wonderful home, and jewel in the firmament.
Please visit our Gaia events page here
The Cathedral will be open for our pattern of worship only on Sundays and visiting Gaia only will not be permitted.
8.00am - Open
8.30am - Morning Prayer
9.00am - Morning Eucharist
11.00am - Choral Eucharist
12.30pm - Close
2.30pm - Open for Choral Evensong
3.00pm - Choral Evensong
4.00pm - Close
We are taking bookings for schools to see Gaia which will include workshops. Please email our Learning Centre to book for further information.
- We will be operating timeslots for this event, you can arrive at any point during your timeslot. Early admittance is not permitted but we will do our best to accommodate latecomers where possible.
- Please note, we are unable to transfer your tickets to another day.
- Limited tickets are being released for Gaia and early booking is encouraged.
- Queues are likely for this event, we will do our best to get everyone admitted as close to their time slot as possible.
- Some parts of the Cathedral may not be accessible during this exhibition. We apologise for any disappointment this may cause.
- Sundays have been set aside for worship only.
Please do check the opening times on the day you wish to visit to avoid disappointment.
Southwark Cathedral would like to thank the Friends of Southwark Cathedral for their support with this installation.