Tours, architecture and history of the Cathedral
This is a three panorama tour of the Cathedral. Click on the hotspots symbols in the panoramas to move from one to the next. Clicking on the hotspot button on the toolbar will turn the hotspots on and off.
Thursday 1 September
Please note that on Thursday 1 September the Cathedral will be closed for part of the day. If you are planning to visit, please phone 020 7367 6700.
Southwark Cathedral is situated on the south bank of the River Thames close to London Bridge. It is surrounded by railway lines and buildings, including the historic Borough Market. The churchyard on the south side of the Cathedral is an oasis of calm and is a favourite lunch-time resting place for local office workers.
The Cathedral is open Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm; Saturdays and Sundays from 8.30 am to 6 pm. The Cathedral closes on Christmas Day (25 December) at 1 pm. Main visiting times are 10 am to 5 pm.
All are welcome to attend our acts of worship. Visitor restrictions may apply due to services or other activities taking place.
Groups are strongly encouraged to pre-book their visits by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other local sites:
The information below has been produced to assist disabled and impaired visitors to the Cathedral.
We trust you will find it of assistance and enjoy your time at the Cathedral.
Our staff are committed to ensuring that all reasonable needs are met. Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance.
- Access to all levels available via lifts or fixed and portable ramps.
- Accessible toilets for disabled people available at the West end (Ground floor) and East end (Basement - via lift). These are fitted with RADAR key locks.
- Baby changing facility available in accessible toilet at West end of Lancelot’s Link, the glazed internal street on the north / riverside of the Cathedral complex. A RADAR key is available from either the Welcomers in the Cathedral or from Shop staff.
- A 'loop' system is in operation at all major services.
- A wheelchair is available upon request
- Large print service sheets and visitor leaflets are available.