Education Centre (School Visits)
Southwark Cathedral Education Centre
Southwark Cathedral Education Centre aims to bring learning to life. The Cathedral is a unique and inspirational resource which provides the basis for the exciting, engaging and experiential trails and workshops that we offer for children and young people.
We aim to:
- provide curriculum-linked, relevant trails and workshops which excite and engage pupils in their learning
- ensure that schools’ time here is valuable and enjoyable and that pupils and teachers are eager to return;
- play a part in the life of the Cathedral, and bear witness to the Cathedral as a Christian place of worship and to its wider mission.
Introduce your pupils to the Cathedral by looking at these films of different aspects of the Cathedral’s history, architecture and its work.
Vacancies for Volunteering at the Education Centre
We are looking for people to join our committed team of volunteers. Could you bring learning to life at Southwark Cathedral? We are looking for volunteers to lead a range of exciting, engaging and experiential trails and workshops for children and young people. We ask for some experience of teaching or working with children. This experience does not have to be gained in schools but could come from community or church work. Training and support given. For further details, please contact Lisa Bewick or Karen Greaves on 020 7367 6715 or e-mail: email@example.com
What teachers say about us...
- An excellent visit, well worth the time, effort and money
- The children were engaged throughout…they obviously felt immersed in the experience
- Thank you for an enjoyable and informative day. We certainly hope to come again
- A great day in a beautiful setting. I have recommended Southwark Cathedral to my colleagues
- Perfect…beyond expectation
- ….the group leaders were very well informed and passionate about their subject