The Southwark Cathedral Development Trust is an independent charitable trust
Its charitable objects are to fund outreach and mission work in the Parish and wider diocese of Southwark, and it is currently seeking to achieve this through fundraising for the Cathedral Choirs, to meet the costs of repair, renovation and refurbishment of the Cathedral Church, and to restore the church of All Hallows as a place of spiritual nourishment for the community.
The Development Team at Southwark Cathedral was setup in 2011 and has achieved a number of successes:
- three grants from the government-funded First World War Centenary Cathedral Fabric Repair Fund totalling £838,000;
- over £68,000 raised for the Girls’ Choir;
- three new choristerships (the Saddlers’ Chorister and two Morden College Choristers) for the Boys’ Choir;
- in September 2015, the Trust was privileged to host a dinner at Mansion House for 250 guests, which raised £110,000 for various Cathedral fabric projects including step-free access to the Harvard Chapel and the East End of the Cathedral;
- nearly £200,000 to allow for the re-hanging of the Cathedral bells including re-casting two of them.
For more information about the work of the Trust please contact the Development Director by email or telephone 020 7367 6704.